TxDMV issues an annual permit for the movement of oil well servicing units that do not exceed legal size and weight limits and are registered with a Texas "permit" plate. This permit is an annual permit that expires one year from the "movement to begin" date.
Units operating under this permit may not exceed 650 pounds per inch of tire width on the front axle.
Your vehicle must have a Texas permit plate to qualify for this permit.
Operating Authority Requirements
There are no operating authority requirements for issuance of this permit type.
You are responsible for routing and obtaining current restrictions prior to movement. Active time permit holders may use TxPROS to generate free routes for loads moving under their time permit.
Fees & Payment Information
The annual permit fee is $52 per axle. Fees are payable by:
- MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express (a service charge of 25 cents per permit plus 2.25 percent will be added.)
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) – Electronic Check (only accepted when ordering online through TxPROS)
- Personal check, business check, cashier's check or money order, payable to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
- Cash (MUST be delivered to a TxDMV Regional Service Center)
A permit fee will not be refunded after the permit number has been issued unless such refund is necessary to correct an error made by the Motor Carrier Division.
- Night movement is allowed.
- Permit may not be amended.
- Review your permit for specific curfews and conditions that apply to your load and movement.